The Carnmarth: A dog friendly hotel in Newquay, Cornwall
We are proud to be a dog friendly hotel in Newquay and we welcome you to bring your four legged friends on holiday to Cornwall with you… we wouldn’t want them to miss out on the fun!
Dogs are welcome at our hotel all year round in selected rooms, no matter how muddy or wet they may get (and there’s plenty of opportunity for that); all we ask is that they are well behaved!
For dog lovers, the Carnmarth Hotel is the perfect choice for your holiday in Cornwall, with miles of sandy beaches and cliff top walks for you all to enjoy together. Our hotel is located just 350 yards from the world famous Fistral Beach – a fantastic long stretch of golden sand that you and your pet will just love to explore!
For those who want to put in the miles and enjoy cliff-top walks with breathtaking views, then exploring Cornwall via the South West Coast Path (with your pet) is the way to go. You can pick up the route just a few yards from our hotel, as it winds its way around Newquay’s beautiful coast and bay. From here you can head north towards the beaches of Bedruthan Steps, Constantine Bay and on to Padstow, or go south towards Crantock, Holywell Bay and on to Perranporth.
Newquay really is the jewel in Cornwall’s crown and is blessed with 12 beaches in and around the town – nearly all of which welcome dogs year round. Here we’ve put together our top five beaches within easy reach of our dog friendly hotel in Cornwall.
- Fistral: The obvious choice.. and one you can see clearly from our hotel. Just 350 yards away, Fistral welcomes dogs all year and was Good Beach Guide Recommended in 2014. Fistral is regarded as one of Europe’s top surfing beaches.
- Towan Beach:Located in the centre of Newquay, Towan beach is at the bottom of sloping hill and is bordered to the west by the harbour and at the east by ‘the Island’ a towering rocky outcrop called which is connected to the mainland by a suspension footbridge
- Watergate Bay: For long walks along an uninterrupted 2-mile stretch of sand, Watergate Bay is a great choice for dog loves (and their dogs) looking to stretch their legs. It is fantastic for surfers + activity lovers of all ages and abilities too. There’s also good access, parking, toilets and a top local restaurant, bar and hotel nearby.
- Crantock Beach: Crantock Beach is another large expanse of sand that is just perfect for your four legged friends to explore! Access isn’t easy but it’s worth the effort for a walk on this beach, even on a brisk spring or autumn day.
- Mawgan Porth Beach: Mawgan Porth beach, just north of Newquay is wide and sandy and popular with locals and tourists alike. On the south side of the beach there is a river that flows out to the sea.
So, if you are looking for a dog friendly hotel in Newquay with great facilities and plenty of open space to explore nearby then stay at the Carnmarth Hotel. Our pet friendly hotel in Cornwall welcome well-behaved dogs so call us today and enquire about a stay with us on 01637 872519.