Top things to do in Cornwall
Here’s our top pick of things to do in Cornwall this year, to make 2015 extra-special.
1. Music is the strongest form of magic they say, so make your time here even more magical by attending vibesome music festivals.
- Tunes in the Dunes, 22nd May – 24th May
- ParkLive, May – September
- Eden Sessions, taking place throughout the year from June onwards
- Port Elliot Festival, 30th July – 2nd August
- Boardmasters, 5th – 9th August
- Cornwall Folk Festival, 28th – 31st August
- Looe Music Festival, 18th – 20th September
- Newquay’s Music and Ale Festival, December
2. Taste and buy Cornwall’s excellent food and drink, whilst soaking up the atmosphere at festivals including:
- Newquay Fish Festival, September
- Truro Farmer’s Markets, taking place throughout the year
- Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival, September
- Padstow Christmas Festival, December
3. Learn to surf in Europe’s surf capital, right here. We have the perfect package for you – stay at the Carnmarth and learn with the Newquay Activity Centre. How is September for you? It’s still warm and winter swells start to hit.
4. In spring, explore the history and landmarks of Newquay on the Newquay Town Trail
5. Have a royally good time at Cornwall’s massive Royal Cornwall Show 2015, Thursday 4th, Friday 5th and Saturday 6th June.
6. Experience the sights and sounds of a working military Naval Air Station at RNAS Culdrose Air Day, Thursday 30th July.
7. Take a boat trip from historic Newquay harbour or venture further out onto the Atlantic by joining a Sea Safari.
8. If you’re a runner or jogger, set yourself a goal to enter and run the Trevornick 10 Mile run – a multi-terrain race along grass tracks, the North Cornwall coastal path and surrounding land.
9. Stroll around Trerice: an intimate Elizabethan manor and a Cornish gem not far from Newquay.
10. See the best independent cinema at Cornwall Film Festival events in venues across Cornwall throughout November.